Menu

Hello Bar

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

BOOK REVIEW ❤ Scare Crow (Crow's Row 2) by Julie Hockley


Scare Crow by Julie Hockley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I don't know why I let the reviews deter me from purchasing this book. I was a little taken by the price granted the first book was significantly cheaper, and this was $7.55. So I waited and just requested to borrow it and someone had it available to loan. I think back to the price I've paid for other books that have been really good reads and I'm disappointed in myself because the book is really good. REALLY GOOD.

If you read Crow's Row you know that it ended with Emmy believing Cameron was dead and killed by Spider. (If not now you do) So she tries to go on with her life and is merely existing, but then discovers she has a little piece of Cameron still with her. Emmy is hell bent on getting revenge I those that have wronged her and hurt Cameron, so she make her moves.

On the other side Cameron does what he has to to keep her and his "family" safe. (if you read the previous book then you know he isn't dead)

With each of them trying to get to their desired outcomes it seems that Emmy (unbeknownst to her) is undermining all that Cameron is doing. She just doesn't know it.

That is basically the gist of the story but there's more. So much more. There are lies, secrets revealed, unlikely alliances and betrayal. I stayed up until 4 am reading this book and I wanted to continue the story so badly. I want to know the results of moves that Cameron and Emmy made separately, how does their story end? And where do Carly and Spider end up?

Another complaint in the reviews I read was about the characters being separated. I'm sorry, but given how the first book ended it only made sense to show how they tried to carry on with out the other. This was the silliest complaint of all because THAT WAS THE FREAKING POINT. Emmy needed to know that her feelings for Cameron were real and not the results of Stockholm Syndrome. Cameron needed to know that after watching Emmy for so many years he wasn't just obsessed with her. I will say that in the end they do meet again but the roadblocks along the way makes the story a damn good read.

So now I am going to return my loaned book and purchase my own copy so that when book 3 is released I can relive the story of Emmy and Cameron!!




View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...